Saturday, August 16, 2008

New York 2008

.


Well...I am back from visiting my Grandma & Grandpa in New York. I didn't want to come home as usual, but mom made me. Sometimes she is so mean.


I had SO much fun. I really love water and spent as much time as I could playing in it. I had a lot of fun catching crayfish this year.

Mom says crayfish are called "crawfish" in the south and that people EAT them!!

I wanted to cook some up, but mom said that in New York, crayfish are just bait.

These 2 crayfish were having a wrestling match. This is my first year to pick them up and it's easy! You just have to get them by their back.

Of course I fished a lot too. This year I got a new fishing pole. It's really long and pink!!

This year, I took the fish off the hook by myself. Even the big boys were having me help them do that.

Here's a little baby perch.

And here is a BIG perch I caught out fishing in a boat with my mom and grandpa. It was almost 11 inches long!!!

Here I am helping Grandpa drive the boat.

Here's a close up of my BIG fish!!!

1 comment

Anonymous said...

Dana, it looks like you had an AWESOME time in NY!!! I'm so jealous! I love the fish you caught!! Good job...did you eat it for dinner?! :)