Friday, February 16, 2007

Please Sponsor Me

.


The Parent Crew (AKA PTA) is trying to raise money for a new library. It will cost $60,000 to give the library a face list, add more shelves, and, most importantly, add more books. To raise money, we are having a Read-A-Thon. I am hoping you will consider sponsoring me. You can pledge a certain amount per 20 minutes of reading or a flat rate.

The event is 4 weeks and we read at home about 20 minutes a day. So, that would be $28 at a $1 a day. Or, you could sponsor me $5 (or any other amount) for participating. If each kid gets $50 in sponsorship, our school will raise over $18,000 for doing something good for ourselves!!!

Just in case you are wondering, I am already reading by my self (check out the picture). I will be at my School for 9 more years and will definitely benefit from the library upgrade.

Thank you for consideration,
Dana Auten

0 comments